Friday, May 27, 2011

artifacts.

today, while my writing has been moved to the back burner, i wanted to show you my loves. 
the first was music, in which is now "ella's garage" (hehe, i love garage bands) and now for my second love, interior design. this one snuck up on me, i was in denial about this interest until i realized my favorite television show was "9 by design" and all of my "future coffee table books" (see, i'm even planning my future house) were about designs of the interior (the selby is in your house, domino). 


what i'm about to show you doesn't exactly fall into the design category (it's not curtains or a ceiling fan) but an ad. at college, in my white walled dorm room, my options were limited, so one weekend i tore out all of my favorite magazine ads and taped them to a wall. think of it as an accent wall, if you will. only with magazine ads and not paint. 


meet gramma toots. i have no idea where she came from, nor what the advertisement was, but she is hands down my favorite. i plan on framing and carting her to every dorm/house/room i happen to live in. 


i'll admit it, i'm not one for classical music, but i love this song or piece or whatever the correct terminology is. i just know that it is yet another one of my favorites, and something i can relax to. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Clair de lune. Fantastic piano song - someone performed it at a student performance night at my university last spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's kind of magical, and i love the video and the animation, it's just grand.

    AND.

    if one was pondering the thought of going to tech to study international business and work at world bank, what should they do?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...