Saturday, October 2, 2010

when you feel embarrassed, i'll be your pride.


today, my challenge was to 'try a medium that is subtractive.'

i don't know what that means. so instead i will write about my crazy college adventures thus far. like how i and my friend bobby renee 'studied' at the gryphon tea room. she was pretty certain that our waiter was 'checking me out' (and he did look kind of cute) so for the first time ever, i wrote my phone number on the receipt and then ran out of the building. 

August 11th 2010
Well, I guess the last few posts haven’t panned out as I thought they would. But tonight is the night of all nights, the last night I will be sleeping at home. That’s right, I leave for Armstrong in the morning, and I am not planning to be back until Thanksgiving break. Truth be told, I am excited. Truth be told, I am lying. Packing all of my belongings and prized earthly possessions in the car is freaking me out. I don’t know if I’m ready for this, if I’m ready to have a life of my own, to live without my family. I can now see why it is that some people never truly leave the nest, it’s too comfortable here. I actually had thoughts of wishing that I was going to Kennesaw instead of Armstrong because I wasn’t certain if this was the right decision after all. But, I am going to blame my terrible case of stage fright on this one, I never feel excited before I do something huge like this. Never. It is only after the experience is over with that I can truly appreciate it for what it was. Like a rollercoaster, people scream and cry over the thought of being turned upside down and flung down a metal track at unheard of speeds. But somehow, the ride doesn’t seem so bad once it’s over and you are safe on the ground and in tune with the laws of gravity once again. I just can’t believe that I am old enough for this to be happening. I just don’t know. It is this sort of moment that makes me stop and thank God for being there. For now as I am bombarded with all of these thoughts of growing old and the body shutting down and wishing to be a child again, I am so glad that there is more to life than this life. There is something else, something better. And that, my dear Watson, is what truly excites me. I completely owe everything I have and live for towards God and the promise that there is something after death.
How is it that everything I write in here becomes depressing?

Here are the ways I plan on securing my spot as the cool indie girl of AASU:
Urban Outfitters
Vintage-y looking dresses that don’t show a lot of skin- but do show off my tan
Carrying my Complete Works of Earnest Hemingway around with me
Riding my classic Huffy bicycle with a wicker basket to class
Talk about my music in a somewhat snobby way
Wear a fedora at all times
I really just hope my room has enough space and that everything looks clean and not cluttered.
And that my teachers haven’t assigned any homework. That would be terrible. 

this post has been justified. 

1 comment:

  1. You're never too young or too old.... if it's out of your comfort zone, it's scary. You don't know me, but i assure you, I'm WAY out of my comfort zone and I'm closing in on 40 years. Take your chances, follow your heart AND YOUR HEAD. Sounds like you got a good one on you.

    www.savannahsails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...