Tuesday, July 22, 2014

aslan.

if you have been keeping up with this blog (heehee, that's a joke, no one reads this) you know about the journals that i have been keeping since i started college. if you are new to being your own hero, you can find an example in my post: smile like a georgia summer.

as of today i have finished my third journal, a completion that is strangely beautiful & slightly cathartic. this one is filled with so much heartache, with so many cries to God accompanied with grocery lists, class notes, and song titles.

this journal is precious to me because it is a visual account of God answering my prayers. i have always begged Him to reveal Himself to me, to show that He really has been listening & with his beautiful sense of humor He had me write the ultimate sign on my own. these prayers were more than being upset over a boy or never ever having enough money, they were truly my battle with self worth, my battle with finding my name, the one God calls me. these entries have taught me that God is truly truly on my side, that He sings over me & quiets me with His love. i am not just tossed in the wind, i have a purpose. through this journal God has taught me the secret to being content in every situation (well, that's not completely true, i am still struggling with the fear of losing my grandfather to cancer).

i now light up when i see shooting stars, hear certain songs, or stand in the ocean because i know God made those moments for me. college has been God's love letter to me && i have never felt more lovely.

so there's that. i know i didn't post much this semester so here's a 'state of the union' picture style for 'ya.






















sweet notes left from my seesters one night during chapter.

















"you have to remember that sometimes the way you think about a person isn't the way they actually are" i have learned that it goes both ways, not all of your friends are friends nor are all of your enemies villains.

"today,
today Lord i will not return to my lovers, i will not forget that all the good i have is from You. today i will be terrified of nothing and i will rest in Your peace. i will not worry about tomorrow but will remember You have planned my steps. today i will remember that what the world needs is not another girl who can do hair, but someone who can do hard and holy things."




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...